If you have never attended Florida State University as a degree-seeking student and wish to apply, please visit the first year or transfer admission requirements for more information.
Complete this application if:
- You were previously enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate program at Florida State University and have been absent for three or more consecutive semesters, including the summer.
- You were academically dismissed from Florida State and have been absent for three or more consecutive semesters, including summer. (Academically dismissed students are not eligible for readmission unless they have been reinstated by their academic dean. Reinstatement to continue does not guarantee a favorable readmission decision or admission into a specific major.)
- You withdrew from Florida State and have been absent for three or more consecutive semesters, including summer.
- Your last term of enrollment at Florida State was administratively cancelled and you have been absent for three or more consecutive semesters, including summer.
- You earned a bachelor's degree from Florida State and wish to pursue a second bachelor's degree.
Note: Readmission will require approval from your academic dean with final approval by the Office of Admissions.
Fall Semester - July 29
Spring Semester - November 29
Summer Semester - March 29
The Application Process
- Apply online selecting the Transfer application.
- Submit an official transcript from every college/university attended since your last enrollment at Florida State University
- Submit the Residency Declaration (pdf) for tuition purposes form.*
- *This is required for all readmission applicants who wish to claim Florida residency for tuition purposes. Students who were previously coded as non-Florida must go through a reclassification process through the Residency Section of the Office of the Registrar.
- Readmission will require approval from your academic dean with final approval by the Office of Admissions.
Florida State University encourages applications for admission from qualified students regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected group status in accordance with all pertinent federal, state, and local laws on non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
*If the University deadline falls on a weekend, applicants have until the following Monday to submit their applications and all supporting documents. In addition, the University reserves the right to close transfer admission earlier if warranted by enrollment limitations and the number and quality of applications.