Florida State University is a proud member of the Center for Academic Integrity.
The Academic Honor Policy (PDF)* is an integral part of the FSU academic environment. The policy outlines the University’s expectations for students’ academic work, the procedures for resolving alleged violations of those expectations, and the rights and responsibilities of students and faculty throughout the process. New students are introduced to the Academic Honor Policy at Orientation and pledge to uphold it at New Student Convocation. In surveys, students have indicated that the strength of an individual instructor’s message about the importance of academic integrity is the strongest deterrent to violating the Academic Honor Policy. Thus, instructors should remind students of their obligations under the policy and fully communicate their expectations to students. If an instructor encounters academic dishonesty, he/she should follow detailed procedures to resolve the alleged violation in a timely manner while protecting the personal and educational rights of the student.
If you are a student and need further information, please contact FSU Panama City Judicial Affairs Officer, Office of Student Affairs, Barron 210, (850) 770-2171.
If you are a faculty member and need further information, please contact FSU Panama City Associate Dean, Holley Academic Center, (850) 770-2101.
- Unauthorized Collaboration on Facebook
- Sample Academic Honor Policy Statement for Syllabi
- Advice from students to faculty members
- Flowchart of Academic Honor Policy process
- "A Letter to My Students"
- Use SafeAssign or Turnitin to encourage students’ intellectual honesty
- Understand copyright law (TEACH Act) and how it affects online instruction
- Academic Integrity Survey
- Summary of Academic Integrity Survey Data
- Current Academic Honor Policy Statistics