“The FSU PC Promise: Here, we will offer you resources to become the best version of yourself. We promise to be your partner, we promise you will be prepared, we promise you can set your path, we promise FSU will always be home, and we promise to remove financial barriers.”
The focus of the FSU PCCC (Panama City Counseling Center) is to be available to help you transition as you continue your “Adulting” journey. “Adulting” will have great times and it will have hard moments as well. We “see you” and we want to “hear you”. PCCC is here to provide you support and a resource in the form of an extra set of caring eyes and ears. YOU ARE VALUABLE!!!. We want you to know that our part of the FSU PC Promise is your healthy wellbeing. We want you to be as healthy physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually as you can be as you move through this part of your life journey. Services are free to students. If you just want to talk; “The Care Guy” is generally available. Stop, have a cup of coffee, or a drink. If you want some deeper “talk” the CC (Counseling Center) has a licensed therapist available to all students. We want you to be as healthy wholly as you choose to be.
We are here to help. You are not alone.
If you are in crisis
If you are in crisis or thinking about harming yourself please reach out to a friend or family member for help or call one of the hotlines listed below for help and support. If you know someone who is suicidal, try to get the person to seek help immediately.
- Call 911 for emergency services (in the United States).
- Go to a hospital emergency room.
- Call the toll-free 24 hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255, which provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- Call the toll-free 24-hour hotline of National Hopeline Network [(800) 784-2433] to be connected to a trained counselor at a suicide crisis center near you
If you are in the Panama City Area
- FSU Panama City Counseling Center
Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Free counseling for FSU Panama City students (850) 770-2174 (office)
- Life Management Center of NW Florida Toll-free crisis line (888) 785-8750
For more telephone support
- (800) 442-HOPE [(800) 442-4673]
- Veterans peer support line: 1-877-Vet2Vet; (877) 838-2838
- Spanish speaking suicide hotline: 1-800-SUICIDA; (800) 784-2432
- Teen to teen peer counseling hotline: (877) YOUTHLINE; (877) 968-8454
- Graduate student hotline: (800) GRADHLP (800) 472-3457
- Post-partum depression hotline: (800) PPD-MOMS (800) 773-6667
- Trevor Project for LGBTQ youth: (866) 488-7386
Warm Line (A warm line is a peer-run listening line staffed by people in mental health recovery themselves)
MHA SETH Line
Hours: Monday - Friday 6-10 pm
Gainesville Peer Respite, Inc.
Peer-Supported Warmline Voice mail
Accepting nationwide calls on a peer-supported warmline
(Overnight respite stays are provided to Alachua County residents only)
CLEAR Warm Line
Toll-free statewide Florida Warm Line
Number: 1 (800) 945-1355
Hours: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST Every night of the year including holidays.
FSU "After Hours" Crisis Hotline
An additional resource for you during the pandemic crisis is the FSU Telephonic Crisis Support line (850) 644-TALK (8255). This “after hours” crisis line is available from 3:00 p.m. CT (4:00 p.m. ET) to 7:00 a.m. CT (8:00 a.m. ET). This number will take you to the FSU University Counseling Center and then you will be directed to choose #2. The receptionist will gather a little information and then connect you to a live counselor. There is no cost.
More FSU Resources
Just ask, you can make a difference. Suicide Prevention at Florida state University.
If you or someone you care about has been the victim of a crime…
…you may need to talk with someone about your options.
The Student Resilience Project is an online, evidence-informed, universal public-heath-style prevention program designed to strengthen student emotional and academic coping skills.
A selection of canned and non-perishable food is available for free on a self-serve food pantry in the Barron Building, 2nd floor.