Welcome to the Counseling Center
Here you will find information about our services and staff, as well as information about campus resources and crisis management. There are also links to self-help tools for students and general mental health information.
The college years can be filled with new and enriching experiences but can also present challenges which may interfere with your academic progress and emotional well-being. The Counseling Center is here to help you overcome challenges, attain your life goals and enhance your personal growth. Our goal is to help you make the most of your years here at FSU PC.
We invite you to explore this webpage and take advantage of the many services and resources of your Counseling Center. Thank you for visiting the Counseling Center!
The Student Resilience Project is a web-based, research-informed toolkit developed to encourage students’ wellness by helping them learn to manage stress in healthy ways and increase their sense of belonging. The website features videos, skill-building activities, resources and information, including podcasts by campus experts.
If you are in crisis:
If you are in crisis or thinking about harming yourself please reach out to a friend or family member for help or call one of the hotlines listed below for help and support. If you know someone who is suicidal, try to get the person to seek help immediately.
- Call 911 for emergency services (in the United States).
- Go to a hospital emergency room.
- Call the toll-free 24 hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255, which provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- Call the toll-free 24-hour hotline of National Hopeline Network (1-800-784-2433) to be connected to a trained counselor at a suicide crisis center near you.
If you are in the Panama City Area
- FSU Panama City Counseling Center
Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Free counseling for students (850) 770-2174
- Life Management Center of NW Florida Toll-free crisis line (888) 785-8750
For more telephone support:
- 1-800-442-HOPE (1-800-442-4673)
- Veterans peer support line: 1-877-Vet2Vet; (877) 838-2838
- Spanish speaking suicide hotline: 1-800-SUICIDA; (800) 784-2432
- Teen to teen peer counseling hotline: 1-877-YOUTHLINE; (877) 968-8454
- Graduate student hotline: 1-800-GRADHLP (800) 472-3457
- Post-partum depression hotline: 1-800-PPD-MOMS (800) 773-6667
- Trevor Project for LGBTQ youth: (866) 488-7386