Instructions on how to apply for graduation online can be found at myFSU Student Central.
All students must apply for graduation online via my.fsu.edu in order to receive their degree. Doing so does not obligate them to participate in the commencement ceremony; that is a separate action. Students can begin applying online to receive their degree on the first day of classes and until the third week of classes of the term they wish to graduate. Check the Academic Calendar for the semester dates and deadlines.
Students must meet minimum University requirements as well as the specific requirements for their major/minor to graduate. The specific University requirements are listed in the Undergraduate University General Bulletin under the section Undergraduate Degree Requirements. To inquire about remaining major/minor requirements needed to graduate students will need to make an appointment to meet with their academic advisor.
To be cleared for graduation, undergraduate students must complete the Graduating Senior Survey. This brief online survey asks about your post-graduation plans. Funding of the university depends on our ability to report this information so completion of the survey is a graduation requirement. The link to the survey will be sent to you two weeks prior to the last day of classes. The survey will be sent to undergraduate students only.
It is the student's responsibility to apply for graduation online through the myFSU Student Center Portal by the end of the third week of the graduating semester in order to receive a diploma and have the degree posted on the student's transcript.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Spring Online Graduation Application period is from January 14 through January 25, 2019. Apply Online
- Spring Panama City Commencement Ceremony will be May 5, 2019
- Summer Walker requests must be submitted between January 28, 2019 and March 1, 2019
- Spring cap and gown/announcement may be ordered through Herffjones.com from January 14, 2019 to March 15, 2019 (be sure to click on link for Panama City Student)
- Late orders for cap and gown/announcements after March 15, 2019 will result in late fees
- Spring Cap and gown pickup is at the FSU Panama City Bookstore from April 22 through April 26, 2019
- Summer Online Graduation Application period is estimated to be May 20, 2019 to May 31, 2019 (pending summer 2019 academic calendar)
- Tallahassee campus ceremonies
FSU Panama City's annual Commencement ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 5, 2019, at 1:30 p.m., location is to be determined. All guests must have a ticket to enter the venue.
Students who have graduated in preceding summer or fall semesters, as well as students who have applied for graduation for spring semester are invited to participate in the annual spring commencement ceremony. FSU Panama City students may also participate in the Tallahassee campus commencement ceremony, which is held each semester in Tallahassee. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about each semester's ceremonies on the Tallahassee campus.
For additional information, please feel free to call the Panama City campus Office of Admissions & Records, (850) 770-2311.
Commencement is held at a local venue and the location will be announced soon. Doors to the auditorium will be opened for guests at 12:30 p.m. The ceremony starts promptly at 1:30 p.m. Guests are encouraged to arrive early and be seated prior to the start of the ceremony. Those with mobility or health issues are encouraged to arrive early to find appropriate seating. Once the graduation processional begins, FSU Police WILL NOT allow guests to enter the auditorium until all graduates have been seated. Guests are asked to please respect graduates by remaining in their seats until completion of the ceremony.
Florida State University Police will be on-site during Commencement to ensure the safety and welfare of all graduates and their guests. Students are asked to refrain from leaving valuables in the undergraduate and graduate dressing rooms.
Students who anticipate completing all degree requirements in the summer semester immediately following spring Commencement may submit written requests and departmental approvals to the FSU Panama City Office of Admissions & Records for consideration to participate in the spring Commencement ceremony. Students must wait until the 4th week of classes to submit their request. Summer Walkers should not apply to graduate online for the spring term.
- The deadline to request to be a Summer Walker for spring 2019 is March 1, 2019
- The deadline to order cap and gowns online is March 15, 2019
To participate early in the FSU Panama City spring Commencement (graduation) ceremony, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a 2.00 FSU grade point average at the time of request. (No exceptions)
- Be able to complete all degree requirements in the major(s)/minor, electives or internships by the end of the summer semester immediately following Commencement
- Have completed all liberal studies and university requirements prior to summer term
- Will have completed the admission's foreign language requirement, if remaining, by the end of the summer term
- Meet (or e-mail) with their faculty/advisor or Academic Dean's office to receive written confirmation that all degree requirements in major(s)/minors or electives will be complete by the end of the summer term immediately following spring commencement Students who have a double major/dual degree must have approval for each major/degree.
- Once a student’s summer graduation eligibility is confirmed, the academic department completes the Summer/Early Walker graduation memo and sends it to the Panama City Office of Admissions & Records (email to: email@example.com) by the above deadline.
If approved to be a Summer Walker, the student will receive a confirmation e-mail to their student e-mail address. Please allow up to one week for confirmation to be sent after the request and departmental approval has been submitted. Requests submitted on the day of the Summer Walker deadline listed above will be responded to within 24 hours. Once approved, students should immediately go online to Heffjones.com to reserve a cap and gown for the ceremony. Late cap and gown orders after March 15, 2019 must be made in person at the FSU Bookstore. A late fee will be added to these orders.