Our purpose ...
The overarching purpose is to guide students towards developing a global mindset and preparing them with global leadership skills as these will be the path towards future success. The Global Business Learning Community (GBLC) program has an obligation to ensure students are successful during their academic career while building job skills and networks which position them for success as graduates.
GBLC answers the call from academics and popular press alike for providing students with an opportunity to live with other globally minded business students and explore international business. Higher education needs to build global learning communities. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/blog/2012/may/23/global-virtual-learning-environments
GBLC will strive to provide ethical and informed business preparation and enhance student’s cultural intelligence through substantive participation within an engaged cohort community. According to Enterprise Florida Inc. (2020), the state ranks 8th in the U.S. with exports totaling more than $57 billion to more than 200 countries around the world (https://www.enterpriseflorida.com/for-international-companies/trade-fdi-research-reports/).
Check out our upcoming and past events below.
Who can join?
- Students interested in international trade or business
- Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors, Seniors
- All FSU PC enrolled students with designated majors; Accounting, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Exploratory, Professional Communications, and Undecided
What’s the cost?
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to hang out with other, global minded individuals
- Access to:
- real businesses with real business problems
- opportunities to develop job skills,
- networking at national and local levels through conferences/competitions
- Fun learning and life-long friendships
When is the community active?
- September through April
Attend at least one event per month