FSU Panama City Seminole Emergency Relief Fund was created to assist Panama City students who are experiencing a significant financial crisis. FSU Panama City Seminole Emergency Relief Fund will be a source of support for students who are experiencing financial strain due to natural disasters.
- All submitted expenses must be a direct loss to the student submitting the application.
- Family members may not submit multiple applications for the same expense.
- Must be a currently enrolled FSU student to be eligible for FSU Panama City Seminole Emergency Relief Fund.
Process for Students
- Complete the online application. Each application is automatically routed to the FSU Panama City Seminole Emergency Relief Fund email address.
- Upload documentation within the application. When uploaded, the documentation name should contain student's FSUID/EMPLID.
- Applications will not be reviewed until documentation has been provided.
- Students should describe the financial impact experienced due to the event. For example:
- Loss of employment for them or caregiver/financial support
- Need to buy supplies for online coursework (laptop, internet, course supplies, etc.)
- Food/housing insecurity
- Need to buy emergency transportation/supplies to return home (plane/bus/gas money). Preference will be given to students who live more than 2 hours from Panama City
- Awarded amounts will vary and will not exceed $1,000.
- Documentation options:
- Letter from employer noting loss of job
- Lease agreement which reflects monthly rent
- Letter from health provider
- Notarized letter from emergency contact which specifically outlines expenses being requested
- Receipt for any purchases needed for moving to online courses and rationale for purchase (for example, the rationale behind buying a more expensive laptop when a cheaper option is available and can perform the same functions).
- Student can use free available apps to scan documentation such as
- After the FSU Panama City Seminole Emergency Relief Fund review committee approves an application and suggests a dollar amount for approval the information is synthesized and routed to Financial Aid to determine student's eligibility to receive the funding.
Requests that will not be fulfilled:
- Loss of deposit for hotels/reservations for graduation
- Payments made for RSO events (formals, spring break trips, conferences)