Things to remember
We hope you enjoyed your orientation, and that the program and resources presented will enrich your college experience. If you have questions or need additional information, please email us. Florida State University Panama City offers a rich heritage of traditions, including strong academic programs and an exciting student life, which we hope you will take advantage of while studying in Panama City. Get excited for the opportunities that lay ahead and prepare to be WOWed!
Know Your Rights & Responsibilities
Students Rights and Responsibilities Familiarize yourself with frequently used policies and guidelines which govern the student experience at Florida State University, including the Academic Honor Policy, Study Conduct Code, and other administrative policies/rules.
Title IX Notice: As a recipient of Federal financial assistance, FSU is required by Title IX to ensure that all of its education programs and activities are free from discrimination on the basis of sex. Additionally, the Florida Educational Equity Act prohibits discrimination in schools based on race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, or marital status. FLA. STAT. 1000.05 (2011). All members of the FSU Community should be familiar with the institution's equal opportunity, compliance, and complaint reporting policies as well as their rights under these policies: Office of Equal Opportunity & Compliance.
Responsible Freedom The community standard at The Florida State University, which guides conduct and influences policy is called Responsible Freedom. Responsible Freedom acknowledges that you have the right to justice and public order as well as the responsibility to protect the rights and privileges of fellow community members.
Student Privacy & Parental Access
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) protects the educational records of students enrolled in a postsecondary institution, regardless of age. Learn more about this policy, the way Florida State University protects student data and how parental access is articulated by visiting the Student Privacy & Parental Access webpage.
Academic Advising & Advisor Search
- Florida State University's academic advisors are helpful resources for students considering major selection, career paths, academic plans and enrichment opportunities, course selection and registration, or other personal and life goals. A student should speak to his/her advisor frequently, at least once a semester. Students should also use advisors when considering changing their major or adding a double-major or minor. Visit our Academic Advising & Student Success Center to discuss our different majors, special programs, or interest areas.
It's All Academic
- Students are responsible for Florida State University's undergraduate/liberal arts graduation requirements, academic policies, and other information which governs their pursuit of a degree. This information can be found in the It's All Academic book given to you during orientation or by reviewing the online version by clicking here: It's All Academic.
myFSU Portal: The University's Academic, Service & Information Portal
- The myFSU website is the official student portal to many of the University's online resources and business functions. You will use the site every day to access your email, Blackboard site for course information, manage financial and course enrollment functions with the University, and more.
Paying Your Tuition & Fees
- Visit our Financial Aid website for resources like scholarships and the Bright Futures program. Visit Student Business Services to pay outstanding tuition and fees.
Garnet & Gold Scholar Society
The Garnet and Gold Scholar Society facilitates involvement and recognizes the engaged, well-rounded student who excels within and beyond the classroom in the areas of Leadership, Internship, Service, International, and Research. Be recognized for your engagement experiences by participating in this initiative throughout your duration at Florida State University by completing three of five engagement area to become a member.