Professional development includes joining organizations specific to the student's area of interest. Within the field of recreation, tourism, and special events there are many professional organizations to choose from. These organizations provide resources such as current professional information, opportunities for networking, conferences, research, and internship/job postings. Students are encouraged to become familiar with these organizations and join those that are most appropriate. Students should discuss their choices with the Program faculty. Most organizations have discounted student rates. Some of the associations that are likely to be of interest to students are listed below.
- Florida Festivals and Events Association (FFEA) - www.ffea.com
- Florida Recreation and Park Association (FRPA) - www.frpa.org
- International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA) - www.ifea.com
- International Live Events Association (ILEA) - http://www.ileahub.com
- National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) - www.nrpa.org
- Resort and Commercial Recreation Association (RCRA) - ww.rcra.org