Kathleen Duval, LCSW
- Provide direct individual, couple, and group counseling services and mental health assessments to the Panama City campus students.
- Promote mental health awareness, suicide prevention, and campus wellness through various appropriate outlets and events.
- Provide consultation regarding emotional, social, or academic issues as part of the Student Situation Response Team (SSRT).
- Participate in on-campus committees and activities where mental health counseling services play a part.
- Provide outreach presentations to the University community.
- Master of Social Work, Florida State University Panama City, 2011
- Bachelor of Art, Psychology, Loma Linda University, 1986
- Hometown:Boulder, Colorado
- Why I love FSU PC:It is an absolutely stunning campus and it is my alma mater. As a student, I really appreciated the small class sizes and accessibility of my instructors. As a graduate, I really appreciate the continuous stream of well-prepared employees for this area.
- Favorite Spot on Campus:Anywhere with a view of the water!
- Hobbies:Yoga, outdoor activities like going to the beach, kayaking, gardening, listening to music, and hanging out with my family and friends.
Areas of Interest: Mindfulness and Anxiety, Stress Management, Self-Care, Depression, Relationship Issues, Attachment and Boundaries, The Highly Sensitive Person, Women’s Issues, Adjustment to College, Substance Abuse
Education:Master’s in Social Work (MSW), Florida State University Panama City and Florida State University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Loma Linda University
Theoretical Orientation: Integrative approach drawing from Interpersonal, Client-centered, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Narrative, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Family of Origin, Transactional Analysis, (TA), Gestalt
Professional Affiliation: National Association of Social Workers (NASW), American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), Association of University and College Counseling Center Directors(AUCCCD)