Workshop Dates: September 23 - December 4, 2019, Monday and Wednesday, 6:45-8:00 p.m.
Location: FSU Innovation Hub, Shores Building, Tallahassee, room 126.
- Individual/Corporate $1,400
- Military $1,000
- Student $300
IBM Global University Programs: Practitioners Course
Re-imagine fundamental business processes and invent new styles of secure digital interactions that will change the way the world works. Each day, forward-thinking companies are transforming Blockchain's promise into bottom-line business results. But building and deploying enterprise Blockchain solutions continues to be larger than any one business can tackle on its own.
Discover how Blockchain can bring together allies across departments and disciplines, industries and organizations, and countries and cultures. Blockchain can do for business what the internet did for communications.
About this course
This course explores the topics, technology and skills required to gain practice in the successful implementation of Blockchain solutions.
Blockchain Practitioners help organizations lead the way into the adoption of Blockchain technologies, identifying industry areas for Blockchain applications and implementing smart contracts using open source leading Blockchain technologies.
Individuals with an active interest on applying for entry level jobs relevant to implementing Blockchain solutions.
Prerequisite skills for this course:
- Familiarity with programming techniques
- Basic IT Literacy skills
- Student must bring laptop
- 25% Concepts
Expanding the knowledge and understanding of the topic through lecture training, examples, videos and quizzes.
- 35% Technologies
Actual implementation of the concepts learned through simulations, hands-on labs and games.
- 40% Industry Use Cases
Realization of the real-world impact of the topics covered through the exposure to industry case studies.
- Understanding how Blockchain solutions are transforming the industry landscape.
- Explore the most recent Blockchain industry use cases from food trust to global logistics.
- Develop a deeper understanding of Blockchain technical topics such as consensus, cryptography, privacy and security.
- Acquire technical expertise using popular Blockchain open source frameworks including Hyperledger Fabric and Composer.
- Gain a competitive edge using low-code cloud-based platform for Blockchain - IBM Blockchain.
- Design and develop a prototype system on a permission Blockchain.
- Explore data science industry case studies: Supply Chain, Agriculture, Insurance and Automotive.
- Experience team work agile industry practices using Design Thinking.
- Engage in role-playing challenge-based scenarios to propose real-world Blockchain solutions.
Our workshop is a ten week face to face class lead by IBM-accredited instructors.
Prerequisites (must be completed prior to the workshop)
- Create an IBM ID - All workshop participants must sign up for an IBM ID. We recommend that you use the email used to contact you with this information. If you already have an ID, we suggest that you use the same id used for prior workshops/badges.
- Complete the Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner Badge Online - The business scenarios/cases used in the workshop use IBM’s Enterprise Design Thinking methodology. It is required that you complete this free 6 hour badge prior to the workshop. If you have any difficulty registering for the course, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Familiarity with programming concepts and statistics
- Basic IT Literary Skills - This refers to skills required to operate at the user level a graphical operating system environment such as Microsoft Windows® or Linux Ubuntu®, performing basic operating commands such as launching an application, copying and pasting information, using menus, windows and peripheral devices such as mouse and keyboard. Additionally, users should be familiar with internet browsers, search engines, page navigation, and forms.
- Student must bring laptop