Academic Advising & Student Success Center
The Center provides advising on academic matters relating to student degrees and majors. Currently enrolled students at the Panama City campus have several advising options. To take full advantage of the Center we recommend the following Student Responsibilities be taken:
- Attend an advising session once a semester.
- Prepare for your advising session by writing down any issues, goals and educational plans that are relevant to your academic progress.
- Track your academic progress each semester by reviewing your degree audit located in Student Central .
- Read your FSU email regularly to stay informed about changes to university policies, procedures and resources.
- Take ownership of your education through using campus resources to their fullest extent.
- Take the initiative and be proactive in consulting faculty, advisors and other mentors for assistance with your degree program and career goals.
- All advising is done by appointment Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Appointments are scheduled 24 hours in advance and are generally 30 minutes each. You may schedule an appointment for a face-to-face consultation or you may schedule a telephone appointment by contacting one of the advisors listed below.
- If you have a short question, there is no need to come into the office. Send an e-mail to one of the advising staff members listed below: Be sure to include your full name and a phone number in your message.
- Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure appropriate service and attention is provided to students for comprehensive advising related to their academic progress and graduation requirements. Appointments may be made Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and are generally 30 minutes each. You can schedule an appointment by email or phone (email@example.com or 850-770-2288).
Students who are unable to make appointments during normal business hours may make evening appointments Tuesday through Thursday (6:30 p.m. at the latest) from now until December 21, 2017 and again from January 8 - 11, 2018. Please contact the advising center using the information above to make an appointment.
- If you have a short question, there is no need to come into the office. Send an email to one of the advising staff members listed below: Be sure to include your full name and a phone number in your message.