Veterans at the Florida State University Panama City Campus
- *Veteran Deferment 3rd Party Contract
- Instructions for eBenefits (for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 only)
- Request for Veteran Benefits
- **Self-Identified Veterans Form
Steps for applying:
- Determine which federal VA educational benefit program(s) you qualify for.
- Compare the monetary assistance provided by each VA educational benefit program.
- Gather the information and paperwork needed for your benefit program.
- Complete the Veterans Online Application (VETS.GOV)
- Request copies of your discharge papers / separation documents (DD214).
- Have official copies your military transcripts sent to Florida State.
Students should be certified for their Veterans Affairs Education Benefits at the beginning of each semester after enrollment. The VA allows direct deposit for GI Benefits.
Your tuition may be deferred if there is a delay in the receipt of your benefits. A deferment is not automatic; you must request one through the Office of of Student Affairs/Veterans Affairs. Deferments must be approved and processed by the official tuition payment deadline.
*Third Party/Agency Billing Agreement - to be used by Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation veterans only.
**Self-Identificed Veterans at the Panama City campus will have access to the Study Room for Veterans located in the Holley Academic building, room A212.
***Veteran Deferment 3rd Party Contract - All Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill) and Chapter 33 (Post 9-11) students need a deferment placed on their account before financial aid disburses. Any Chapter 35 Dependent not receiving a Financial Aid Disbursement may need and qualify for a Veterans Deferment. Deferments are not automatic and you can check with Marcie Davis in the VA Office to see if you need a deferment for your current semesters tuition.
Student Veterans Center - Tallahassee
For more information and to turn your forms in, please contact:
VA Benefits Enrollment Officer
Barron Building, Room 210
Office of Student Affairs
FSU Panama City
Phone: (850) 770-2173
Toll-free (866) MyFSUPC (866-693-7872)