Graduate Readmission Requirements
If you have never attended Florida State University as a degree-seeking student and wish to apply, please review the graduate admission requirements above. If you meet any of the conditions below you may continue with the Readmission application process:
- You were previously enrolled in a graduate program at Florida State University and have been absent for two or more semesters, including the summer.
- You were academically dismissed from Florida State and have been absent for two or more semesters, including summer. (Academically dismissed students are not eligible for readmission unless they have been reinstated by their academic dean. Reinstatement to continue does not guarantee a favorable readmission decision or admission into a specific major.)
- You withdrew from Florida State and have been absent for two or more semesters, including summer.
- Your last term of enrollment at Florida State was administratively cancelled and you have been absent for two or more semesters, including summer.
- You earned a graduate degree from Florida State and wish to pursue a second graduate degree.
- Graduate students who wish to change degree levels (i.e., master's to doctoral or doctoral to master's) before earning the degree should not complete this application. A memorandum from your academic department requesting the change should be sent to the Graduate Section of the Office of Admissions.
- Graduate students who wish to change majors before completing the degree should complete a Change of Major form available at the Office of the Admissions and Records.
- Graduate students wishing to dual enroll in more than one academic program at the same time should contact The Graduate School to complete a Dual Enrollment Request form.
- Graduate readmission will require approval from the academic department with final approval by the Office of Admissions.