- Financial Aid Forms
- Foundation Scholarships
- Military and Veterans Benefits
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Financial Aid Termination Explained
- Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
- Graduate Tuition and Fees
- Alabama and Georgia Tuition Plan
- Bright Futures
- Florida Prepaid
- FloridaShines: Transient Student
A college education is a significant investment; the staff in the FSU Panama City Financial Aid Office is prepared to assist you. Aid is offered through grants, loans, work awards, and scholarships.
The first step is to fill out and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ). This must be done each year in order for you to receive financial aid. You will need the Federal School Code (also known as a Title IV Institution Code) for each college or university to which you are applying in order to complete the FAFSA. The Title IV Code for FSU Panama City is 001489
Grants are federal, state, or university awards that do not require repayment or work obligations. Grants are made to eligible students on the basis of financial need and merit, on a first come, first served basis.
Low interest loans are available to all eligible students and to parents of dependent students on both a need-based and non-need based. Loans must be repaid, typically after graduation.
Work Awards are federal awards for college work-study that may be awarded to eligible students on the basis of financial need. Only a few positions are available at FSU Panama City, so apply early.
Scholarships are awards made on the basis of merit, financial need or other specified criteria. Scholarships may be awarded by the state, the university, or by private donors and organizations. Separate applications are sometimes necessary for these awards and students should inquire each semester about scholarship deadlines. Awards are normally made only one semester in advance.
Federal Student Aid on the web: studentaid.ed.gov covers what you should consider when you're planning on borrowing money to pay for your education; such as, what types of federal student loans are available, how much to borrow, tips on repaying your loan successfully, the difference between private and federal student loans, the consequences of default, and other helpful hints on how to manage your debt. Federal Student Aid also has a toolkit with additional information for students to learn about and applying for financial aid.
Financial Aid Checklist
Complete your FAFSA at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ . You must file a FAFSA each year to reactivate financial aid.
Deferments are meant to help a student whose financial aid will not process by the payment deadline. Students receiving any form of financial assistance should check the academic calendar each semester to see when financial aid will post before requesting a tuition and fees deferment.
Account Refund Disbursement Permission
- Each financial aid recipient will receive their funds minus tuition after drop/add ends.
- Disbursement Permission (myFSU portal) must be granted if financial aid is to be applied toward auxiliary fee charges
- The balance of the financial aid will be sent to the student by direct deposit to the student's bank by filling out the refund bank account section in the myFSU portal (complete sections 1, 2 & 3) or by check toward the end of the semester.
FSU students who seek to enroll at both FSU and a second public institution of higher education in Florida within the same term or who wish to sit out a term at FSU and take classes solely at another public institution of higher education in Florida must complete a Transient Student Application online with FloridaShines .
- Before completing the application meet with your Academic Advisor regarding your transient or concurrent enrollment plans to ensure transferability of courses; be sure to identify the course(s) you wish to take at the Host institution and make sure it is available and at a time that will work with your FSU schedule
- You will need your FACTS pin to complete the application. If you do not have a FACTS pin, logon to the myFSU portal, click on the Blackboard (Bb) icon, under Tools select myFSU/Secure Apps, select FACTS PIN. By default your â€œcurrent PINâ€ is your birth month and year (2 digits each) MMYY. Now enter a new PIN (of your creation). Remember this PIN and use it in the Florida Virtual Campus portal from this point forward.
- Logon to FloridaShines . Under "Get Started," click on "take a course at another school." Follow the directions. Your home institution is Florida State University; FSU students use their social security number as their ID.
- When you finish, you will be notified of the status of the transient student form by email from FloridaShines. You may also receive email from the Host institution regarding any additional information/forms necessary to complete the transient application process.
- If you are approved by the FSU Office of Student Financial Aid, your aid will be processed for appropriate disbursement. You will still need to register for your course(s) at the Host institution after approval of your transient application.
- If you are not receiving financial aid, your status will be â€œNot Approvedâ€ by FSU Office of Student Financial Aid and no further action will be taken; however, your transient application will still process academically.
- Once grades are posted at the host institution you will need to request an official transcript be sent to FSU. Not doing so may affect future financial aid.
Loan Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note
In addition to the FAFSA, a Loan Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note must be completed to receive student loans. This is a one time requirement for all first time borrowers at Florida State University. The Loan Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note can be completed online in 15 to 20 minutes. It may be done before the semester starts, from any secure internet connection.The link can be found in the "To Do" list on the myFSU portal page or by going to the Federal Student Aid website. You will need your FSA ID to login.
Financial Aid Deadlines
Financial Aid Deadlines : this is a link to the Tallahassee campus for information regarding Student Business Services. FSU Panama City is in the Central Time zone and FSU Tallahassee is in the Eastern Time.
Financial Aid Contact
Student Financial Aid Officer
Barron Building, 2nd floor, Room 210
Phone (850) 770-2177